Sunday, December 1, 2013
Saturday, October 26, 2013
Harvest Yarn Recipe
Original recipe makes a happy dyer and knitter
- 1 toasty woodstove
- 1 wicker basket
- 1 cuppa tea
- 15+ tangled, natural dyed yarns
- 1 Katy Perry PRISM CD
- Start by sitting on your favorite chair within toe warming distance of the wood stove.
- Turn on your CD player with PRISM.
- Slowly gather first tangled mess of yarn and find loose end. This may take some time so remember to be patient.
- Sip cuppa tea
- Begin by wrapping yarn around fingers until a ball begins to form. Continue to the end of tangled mess.
- Place finished ball in wicker basket.
- Find new yarn tangle.
- Repeat # 3 - 6
Prep Time = Summer of growing, harvesting and natural dyeing
Untangle time = Until that cuppa tea gets cold or fire needs more wood
Ready In Time = for some holiday knitting
Monday, September 16, 2013
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Every morning, mostly, I take the backroad. Two weeks ago I passed the house on the bend, the one with the hand painted "Bird Song" sign. That day another sign was nailed to the tree in front. FREE ART. 30 some canvas oil paintings were displayed out front, for free! Some were finished and others just beginning. The magpie in me instinctively looked for the treasure in the lot.
This is what I brought home.
A few days later when passing by (feeling guilty for wanting more), the paintings were gone and the small sign was covered with a black cloth. Art never ends. It travels on via family and friends, a gallery sale, Goodwill donation or free to the person who happens to drive past that day. I hope others stopped as well.